- Roles: Project Participant, Project Guest
- Higher Ed: Science
BIOThirty seven years doing physics at Brockport. Served 22 years as chair of physics.
1. Non-linear dynamics and chaos
2. Mechanical phase transitions
3. Can teach all courses in a traditional physics curriculum.
4. Teach "The Physics in Toys." The course is appropriate for all students but is geared for non-science majors.
RECENT PUBLICATIONSRichard V. Mancuso, A working mechanical model for first- and second-order phase transitions and the cusp catastrophe, The American Journal of Physics, vol 68, 271-277, Mar. 2000
Richard V. Mancuso and Guy A. Schreiber, An improved apparatus for demonstrating first- and second-order phase transitions:Ball bearings on a rotating hoop, The American Journal of Physics, vol. 73, 366-367, April 2005